If there are sudden guests coming to your place and you don't understand what to cook in less time, then this recipe is perfect for cooking. If you want to eat something spicy, taste and quick then this one comes for a rescue. Today's recipe is Kadai Anda Masala. ( Eggs tossed with Indian Spices in a wok ). It is prepared on a very high flame. There are many ways of preparing this recipe but this one is my take on it. Some may call it a simple egg curry but the process of making it is little different.
In this recipe, I will cook hard-boiled eggs with sliced onions, ginger garlic paste, and Indian spices first and then later when all the spices and onions will be cooked, then I will add chopped tomatoes and oil and fry on a high flame till oil from the spices and tomatoes are separated. It will be a bit spicy dish which can be served with any Indian Bread like roti, paratha naan or steamed rice. You can prepare this dish with chicken eggs, duck eggs or quail egg, the result will be the same.
So here is my recipe:-
Preparation Time:- 10 minutes Standing Time:- 5 minutes Cooking Time:- 35 minutes Total Time:- 50 minutes
Number of Serving:- 4 - 6 persons
1 cup = 250 ml
½ cup = 125ml
1/3 cup:- 80 ml
1 tablespoon = 15 ml
1 teaspoon = 5 ml
½ teaspoon = 2.5 ml
¼ teaspoon = 1.25 ml
1) Hard-boiled Eggs:- 6 Nos.
2) Onions:- 4 large (thinly sliced into rings)
3) Tomatoes:- 2 (roughly chopped)
4) Ginger grated:- 1 teaspoon (do not use ginger paste)
5) Tomato puree:- 3 tablespoon
6) Green Chillies:- 2 (optional)
7) Turmeric Powder:- ½ teaspoon
8) Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder:- 1 teaspoon (non-spicy)
9) Hot Red Chilli Powder:- ½ teaspoon
10) Garam Masala Powder:-1 teaspoon
11) Oil:- 1 + 2 tablespoon
12) Water:- ½ + 1 ½ cups
13) Coriander Leaves:- 1 tablespoon chopped
14) Salt:- As per taste
15) Cumin Seeds:- 1 teaspoon
1. Boil the eggs. Once done peel it and make deep cuts in the eggs with the help of a knife. Keep it aside and heat a non-stick pan. Once hot, put eggs, onions rings, cumin seeds and 1 tablespoon of oil into it all together. Fry them for 2 minutes over medium flame.
2. Now add grated ginger, turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, hot chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt in the pan. Mix well and add ½cup of water to it. Toss well and cook for 3 -4 minutes or till the water has dried out.
3. Add tomato puree and diced tomatoes to the pan toss well for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes add 1 ½ cups of water. Mix well, cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10 minutes or until all the water has dried out.
4. After 10 minutes open the lid of the pan, add green chillies, coriander leaves and 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan. Sautee the eggs for 4 - 5 minutes over a high flame or until oil is separated from the masala. ( This dish does not have much gravy, however, if you want some gravy then add ½ cup more water to it.) Check for seasoning. Switch off the flame cover the pan with the lid and let it stand for 5 minutes. Your Kadai Anda Masala is ready.
5. Take it out in a dish and serve hot.
* People living outside India, and not aware of all the Indian spices, and kewra water, you will mostly get all the spices in the Indian stores near your place.
Serving Tip:- Serve this dish with any Indian Bread i.e. roti, paratha, naan or steamed rice.
Do try my recipe and leave for comments below. Till then Happy Cooking.!
r-elish.blogspot.ch by Madhurima Roy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Post a Comment