Today's recipe is Chickpeas Summer Salad. It's a summer again. And it's that time of the year when everyone is ready for their barbeque parties and garden parties. So this one is the perfect recipe to compliment with your barbeque dishes. You can have it in your lazy Sunday brunch or in any weekdays. This salad is refreshing and at the same time its a filler. You will not feel hungry for quite sometime after having this.
In this recipe, I have used boiled chickpeas. Use of cilantro or coriander leaves and mint will give a nice freshness to the dish. If you want little spice in it you can add reg chilies to the dish. There are many version of this recipe but this one is my take on it.
So here is the recipe:-
Preparation time:- 10 mins Cooking Time:- 5 mins Standing Time:- 30 mins Total Time:- 45 mins
Number of Servings:- 2 persons
1 cup = 250 ml
½ cup = 125 ml
1 tablespoon = 15 ml
1 teaspoon = 5 ml
½ teaspoon = 2.5 ml
¼ teaspoon = 1.25 ml
1) Boiled White Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans:- 1½ cups or 250 grams
2) Garlic Minced or Chopped:- 1 big clove or 2 small cloves
3) Coriander Leaves/Cilantro:- 2 tablespoons (finely chopped)
4) Deseeded Tomatoes:- 1 small (finely chopped)
5) bell pepper:- 1 tablespoon (finely chopped, any color of your choice. I have used red.)
6) Mint Leaves:- 2 -3 leaves /1 teaspoon ( finely chopped, or if using dried mint leaves then ¼ teaspoon)
7) Red Chilies:- 2 Nos. (optional, however, I have used it.)
8) Lime Juice:- 1 tablespoon or juice of a ½ medium sized lemon.
9) Crushed black pepper:- ¼ teaspoon
10) Salt:- as per taste
11) Olive Oil:- ¼ cup (good quality of the extra virgin olive oil.)
1. Chop cilantro, bell pepper, garlic and keep it aside. Cut and deseed the tomatoes into small pieces.
2. Now take a deep mixing bowl, add boil chickpeas and add all the chopped vegetables one by one. (Chopped cilantro, bell pepper, garlic, and tomatoes.) Now add lime juice, crushed black pepper, chopped mints leaves and salt as per taste. Slowly drizzle the olive oil over the chickpeas.
3. Toss well and gently till everything is mixed thoroughly. Keep it aside for 30 minutes so that all the flavors infuse in the chickpeas.
4. Transfer it to a serving plate. And its ready to be served.
* You can make this salad keep it in the refrigerator and serve it when needed.
Serving Tip:- Goes very well with any grilled / barbeque dishes.
Do try my recipe and leave for comments below. Till then Happy Cook.!
r-elish.blogspot.ch by Madhurima Roy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Post a Comment