Ice-Cream is that one thing mostly everyone loves. Whether it is in summers, winters or any weather, ice-cream is all time favourite for most of the people. Especially my family loves it all around the year. Nowadays we get many flavours specially with fresh fruits, it's all time hit. Beside fresh fruits the most common are vanilla. chocolate, pistachios almonds etc. These are fews of the highest selling ice-creams around the globe. Fresh fruit ice-cream is mainly seasonal, but due to globalization all the fruits are found everywhere. So fresh fruit ice-cream can be serve all around the year. Frozen Yogurts are also very popular nowadays with different fruits and nuts.They are much more healthy option as compared to Ice-cream.
This recipe have freshness of blueberries and creaminess of cream and milk. The recipe is divided into two stages the making of custard and preparing berry sauce and combining it together to make a perfect ice-cream.This recipe is perfect for all ice cream lovers.So easy to make,yet tasty. This is the season of pumpkins and butternut and winters around the corner, but if you want something different and to satisfy your sweet tooth, this recipe is perfect.
Having icecreams in cold winter days is an amazing experience and feeling. In cosy heated rooms,this recipe is perfect dessert for those lazy cold winters. The most wonderful thing about is recipe is that, people who have an ice-cream maker,they can also prepare and people who doesn't have an ice-cream maker, they can also prepare.So here I share the recipe for Blueberry Ice cream, full of flavours and taste. Can be served to children as it is homemade, full nutrition as it contains fruits and milk products both.
* Measuring Cup used for this recipe is 250 ml
1. Blueberries:- 1 cup (frozen or fresh, whichever is available)
2. Sugar:- 1/2 cup
3. Water:- 1/2 cup
4. Cornstarch/cornflour:-1 teaspoon dissolved in 1tablespoon of cold water
1. Heavy whipping cream:- 2 cups, 500 ml (with minimum of 35% fat)
2. Full Fat Milk:- 1 cup, 250 ml
3. Sugar:- 3/4 cup
4. Salt:- 1 pinch
5. Vanilla Extract:- 2 teaspoon
6. Cornstarch/Cornflour:- 2 tablespoon dissolved in 2-3 tablespoon of cold water
1. Place the ice-cream maker base into the freezer according to the manufacturer's guide. (I kept for atleast 24 hours as my manufacturer's guide says so.) Those who don't have an ice-cream machine please refer to the notes at the end.
2. In a small saucepan, transfer blueberries, sugar and water. Bring it to boil in a medium-slow flame.Once all the juices are well incorporated and the sugar is dissolved bring the flame to medium-high. In a small bowl, take 1 teaspoon of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of water, mix well until no lumps of cornstarch is seen.
3. Now mix the cornstarch solution in the berry sauce.cook for 30 second. When the sauce seems to thicken up, switch off the flame and keep aside. Your berry sauce is ready.
4. Now in the other medium saucepan, take cream,milk and sugar. Bring it to a simmer at medium-low heat. Stir occasionally so that it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
5. Once simmered, add vanilla extract, pinch of salt and the cornstarch solution to the saucepan. Stir continuously. When the sauce starts to thicken up bring the flame to slow. (To check whether the custard is done or not, take any spoon and dip it into the custard. If the spoon is nicely coated with the milk and if you pass your finger through the coated spoon,it leaves a mark that means your custard is ready) Switch off the flame.
6. Now transfer the custard into an airtight container,passing through a fine sieve. This will help to get rid of any lumps into the custard while cooking. By doing this, we will get a really smooth and creamy texture.
7. Cover the custard with the cling wrap touching the surface of the custard. This step is done to avoid the formation of thin layer of cream over the custard. Now place the custard into the freeze for cooling for atleast 2-3 hours.
8. Now take your berry sauce, and mix it well once again. Break big pieces of berries with a fork or if you want to can puree it in your blending mixer or with your hand mixer. (Make sure the berry sauce should be completely cool.)
9. Take the custard out from the fridge after 2-3 hours and mix the berry sauce into it. Mix it well. Now put the blueberry ice-cream mixture into the ice-cream machine and churn it according to the instruction guide according to your preference. Soft or solid.
10. If you want, you can serve as it is or transfer it into the airtight container for 7-8 hours or until solid. Serve with some fresh blueberries on top.
1. In case you don't have an ice-cream machine, in spite of putting the custard into the ice-cream machine, take out the custard after 2-3 hours and beat the custard lightly with the whisk or hand mixer till soft peaks. And then add the sauce to the custard. Transfer it to the airtight container and freeze till solid.
2.If you want your ice-cream to be super smooth, you can strain the blueberry sauce through the sieve before adding it to the custard.
3. In place of cornstarch, you can add 2 tablespoon of custard powder mixed in 1/4 cup of cold milk. Mix well and add it to the milk and cream.
4.If you want mixed berries or some other berries ice-cream, replace the blueberries with the mixed berries or berries of your choice.
Post a Comment