There are many ways in which Begun Bhaja can be prepared, I am sharing the most simple yet delicious recipe from my mother's kitchen.
1. Aubergines/Brinjals:- 2
2. Salt:- 1 teaspoon or as per your salt
3. Turmeric powder:- 1/2 teaspoon
4. Red chilli Powder:- 1/4 teaspoon (optional, sometime i use)
5. Wheat flour/All purpose flour:- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon (preferably wheat flour)
6. Rice flour:- 2 teaspoon (optional, sometime I use)
7. Vegetable Oil:- For frying
8. Water:- 2 tablespoon
1. Wash the aubergines and pat it dry with the kitchen napkin.
2. Cut the aubergines lengthwise including the stem. By cutting lengthwise, you will get 3-4 pieces from one aubergine.
3. In a large bowl, thrown in all the pieces of aubergines,add salt, turmeric and red chilli powder and give it a good massage.
4. Now add both the flours in the bowl and add little water so the flour sticks nicely to both the sides of aubergine pieces.
5. Heat sufficient oil in a frying pan, make sure the oil should be in medium high. Now drop each pieces slowing in the oil. Fry both sides well till golden brown.
6.Take it out in a kitchen napkin so that all the excess oil drains out. Then serve hot with indian bread that is Chapati or Rice with lentils.
Tip:- You can shallow fry the pieces instead of deep frying.In that case you have to cover and cook in a medium flame until it is done properly.
Post a Comment