Brownies....!What is the first thing comes to our mind?Its take me to my childhood, where my mom used to cook delicious brownies for me. When I came back from my school while entering my house lovely aroma to chocolates used to welcome me. I loved this recipe so much, that my mother often made brownies for me, so finally I learned this recipe from my mother.
There are basically two types of brownie. The first one is chewy brownies and the second one is cake like. But my personal favorite is the chewy one.
I don't like to make any changes to my mother's recipe so, here I am going to share the most delicious and foolproof recipe of dark chocolate brownie direct from my mother's kitchen.
So here is my recipe:-
Preparation Time:- 15 minutes Standing Time:- 30 minutes Cooking Time:- 40 - 45 minutes Total Time:- 1 hour 30 minutes
Number Of Serving:- 16-18 pieces depending on the size.
1 cup = 250 ml
1 tablespoon = 15 ml
1 teaspoon =5 ml
½ teaspoon = 2.5 ml
1. 2 mixing bowl
2. I silicon spatula
3. Hand mixer or wire whisk
4. 1square 8-inch pan
5. 1any kind of fine sieve
1. All purpose flour:- 1/2 cup
2. Cocoa powder (Preferably dark):- 1 1/2 cups
3. Eggs:- 4 nos.(large)
4. Sugar:- 2 cups( Preferably brown)
5. Oil/Butter:- 1 cup (In case of butter it should be melted. Preferably I use oil)+for greasing the pan
6. Salt:- 1 teaspoon
7. Milk:- 1/2 cup (Optional, in case the batter is too thick)
8. Dark or milk chocolate chips:- 3/4 cup
9. Vanilla extract:- 1 teaspoon
Before starting, preheat your oven to 180° C which is 356°F and greases your brownie tin with little oil or butter using parchment paper.
1. In a large mixing bowl, take 4 large eggs with two cups of sugar, With the help of the hand mixer or wire whisk beat eggs and sugar until the eggs turn into light yellow color.
2. Add vanilla extract and oil to the egg and sugar mixture and combine well.
3. Now take another bowl, and mix all purpose flour, cocoa powder and salt together. Sieve all the ingredients properly, as the cocoa powder has many small lumps.
4. Now mix half of the flour mix to the egg batter mix well with the hand mixer, and then add rest of the portion of the flour mix to the batter. Mix well. (At this point of time if you feel the batter is so thick that you are not about to mix the ingredient, add 1/2 cup of milk.)
(Do not overmix the batter, as the brownie will turn out very dry)
5. At last, add all chocolate chips to the batter. Mix gently.
6. Pour the batter into the greased tin. Level properly, give a nice gentle tap so that no air bubbles are there. And slip the tin into the preheated oven to 180°C for 40 to 45 mins or until you insert a skewer and it comes out clean.
7.Take out from the oven and keep it on the wire rack (if you have one) for 30 mins to 1 hour. Let it cool completely. Once it is cool, cut as per your size and preference. and store it in an airtight container.
Note:-Do not try to take out the brownie when it is hot, if you do so, the brownies will break.
Serving Tips:- Warm up a little bit in a microwave and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Please try my recipe and comment below. Till then happy cooking..!