Today's recipe is a quick and go to dip which you can prepare in no time. It is so fresh and refreshing perfect for any snacks. It's Guacamole (Avocado based dip or sauce). Generally it is eaten with tortilla chips, nachos or can be used in quesadillas. But I fell that the dip is so tasty and refreshing that it can be taken with an type of snacks and starter. Guacamole was initially originated in Mexico, but now it is consumed worldwide. The spices and ingredients are kept to minimal so that you can get the nutty tasty of the avocados. The perfect recipe calls for a ripe and cold avocados which takes the dish to another level. This recipe has some particular ingredients, but however if you want to bring some variations in the recipe, you can go ahead.
In this recipe I have used cold and ripped avocado, chopped some red onions, tomatoes, green chillies, lime juice, cilantro and some spices. Smash the avocados and mix every thing together and your dip is ready to be served.
Here the complete recipe as follows:-
Preparation Time:- 5-6 minutes Cooking Time:- 2-3 minutes Total Time:- 7-8 minutes
Number of Servings:-2-3 persons
1 cup = 250 ml
½ cup = 125 ml
1/3 cup = 80 ml
1 tablespoon = 15 ml
1 teaspoon = 5 ml
½ teaspoon = 2.5 ml
¼ teaspoon = 1.25 ml
* Ripped Avocado:- 1 no. ( Roughly diced)
* Red Onions:- 1 medium sized ( Finely Chopped)
* Tomatoes:- 1/2 medium sized ( deseeded, finely chopped)
* Green Chillies:- 1-2 ( can be adjusted according to your preference)
* Dhaniya Patta/ Coriander leaves/ Cilantro leaves:- 2 tablespoon (finely chopped)
* Lime Juice:- Juice of 1/2 a lime. ( Approximately 1 tablespoon)
* Roasted Ground Cumin:- 1/2 teaspoon
* Crushed Black Pepper:- 1/4 teaspoon
* Salt:- to taste
1. Take a bowl, add avocado, chopped onions, deseeded chopped tomatoes, green chillies to it.
3. Add lime juice and crushed black pepper to it. Mix well so that every thing is incorporated well. And thats it. You refreshing avocado dip is ready in no time.
* To reduce the strong flavour of the onions , you can sprinkle some salt over the onions. Mix and leave it for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes squish it well and wash under running water. Drain it and use it as mentioned above.
* If you want you can drizzle some olive oil accordingly.
Serving Tip:- Can be used as a dip and served with regular chips tortilla chips, vegetable chips or any savoury snacks and can be used as a sauce in quesadillas and nachos.
Do try my recipe and leave for comments below. Till then Happy Cooking.!
relishsavour.com by Madhurima Roy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License