It's that time of the year when everyone's dessert preference shifts from brownies and cheesecakes to ice creams. Yes, its summer time again when people loves to eat ice creams, gelato, popsicles and frozen yoghurt. So today's recipe is Strawberry Frozen Yoghurt. Nowadays due to health consciousness, many people are opting to have frozen yoghurt over ice cream. It is healthier than ice creams and gelato. Normally the main ingredient in frozen yoghurt as the name suggests is yoghurt and milk. But sometimes other milk products are also used. Sometimes it is made by combining yoghurt and a non-dairy product like coconut milk or cream and almond milk. By adding different flavours you can experiment with this recipe. You can add fresh fruits, dry fruits, or chocolates to make a flavour of your choice. There are many ways of making this frozen yoghurt but this recipe is my take on it. Rather you can call it as Frozen yoghurt ice cream as I have used cream in this recipe.
In this recipe, I have used fresh strawberries crushed it with a help of a fork. Then added to the yoghurt ice cream base. For the base, I have taken thick natural yoghurt condensed milk, powdered sugar and full cream. whipped it together with the help of an electric mixer. Added the freshly made strawberries crush to it. And your job is done. This recipe has a freshness of strawberries and creaminess of the yoghurt and cream.
So here is my recipe in detail:-
Preparation Time:- 20 minutes Standing Time:- 1 hour + 3 hours Total Time:- 4 hours + 20 minutes
Number of Servings:- 4 - 6 persons
1 cup = 250 ml
½ cup = 125ml
1 tablespoon = 15 ml
1 teaspoon = 5 ml
½ teaspoon = 2.5 ml
¼ teaspoon = 1.25 ml
1) Greek Yoghurt:- 1 cup ( from whole milk )
2) Whipping Cream:- 1 cup ( with a minimum of 35% fat content)
3) Condensed Milk:- 2 tablespoon
4) Fresh Strawberries:- 200 grams
5) Powder Sugar:- 2 + 3 tablespoons
6) Vanilla Flavouring:- 1 teaspoon
7) Salt:- less than a pinch
8) Pink Food colour:- 5 - 6 drops (optional, to get that strawberry pink colour)
1. Wash and clean the strawberries in a running water. Cut the leaves of it and keep it in a bowl. Now add 2 tablespoons of powder sugar to it. And with help of a fork crush it roughly. Make sure that no big pieces are left. Keep it aside.
2. In a deep bowl take greek yoghurt and condensed milk. Mix it nicely with a whisk.
3. Now add cream to it. With an electric hand whisk, beat all the ingredients up to 2 minutes. Now add 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar, vanilla flavouring and less than a pinch of salt. Whisk it again till soft peak.
4. Now add the crushed strawberries to it and mix gently and pink food colouring. ( Colouring is totally optional if you want to keep it natural then you can skip it.) Transfer it to any glass bowl or metal bowl.) Keep it in a freezer for 1 hour.
5. After 1 hour take it out and whisk it again for 30 seconds. It will help to break the ice layer and fill some air into it. ( Cover the base with the cling wrap touching the surface of the base.)
6. Keep it back in the freezer for at least 3 hours. And your Strawberry frozen yoghurt is ready.
7. Serve it in an ice cream bowl. Keep it in a freezer till you are ready to serve.
* If you don't get Greek yoghurt, you can use hung curd in place of it.
* If you don't have an electric hand whisk you can do it with a regular hand whisk. It will take little more time to achieve soft peaks.
Do try my recipe and leave for comments below. Till then Happy Cooking.!
r-elish.blogspot.ch by Madhurima Roy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License